Who is Richard D. Wyckoff?
Richard Demille Wyckoff (November 2, 1873 – March 19, 1934) was a stock market authority, founder and onetime editor of the Magazine of Wall Street (founding it in 1907), and editor of Stock Market Technique.
What is Wyckoff Method?
The Method was originally developed by Richard D. Wyckoff during the 1930s. He was one of the largest Wall Street traders of his time and also the founder of "The Magazine of Wall Street". He developed a set of principles and techniques, which focused on analysing overall market Demand and Supply and trade alongside market professionals, also known as "Smart Money".
The 3 Laws of Wyckoff
- Law of Supply and Demand
- Law of Cause and Effect
- Law of Effort and Result
- Determine Present Position and Probable Future Trend of the Market
- Select Stocks in Harmony with the Market
- Select Stocks with a Cause that Meets your Trading Objective
- Determine the stock’s Readiness to Move
- Time your Commitments with a Turn in the market